HOW CAN WE BE HAPPY ?
Once a group of 50 people was attending a seminar.
Suddenly the speaker stopped and decided to do a group activity. He started giving each one a balloon. Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen. Then all the balloons were collected and put in another room.
Now these delegates were let in that room and asked to find the balloon which had their name written, within 5 minutes. Everyone was frantically searching for their name, colliding with each other, pushing around others and there was utter chaos.
At the end of 5 minutes no one could find their own balloon.
Now each one was asked to randomly collect a balloon and give it to the person whose name was written on it.
Within minutes everyone had their own balloon.
The speaker began— exactly this is happening in our lives. Everyone is frantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is.
Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people. Give them their happiness; you will get your own happiness.
And this is the purpose of human life.
[Edited: Make sure to read the full terms and agreements, and like most online course sites, do not expect this to act as a replacement for a real-life class unless any specific course you sign up for states it offers transferrable credits. Make sure you know most online-courses will not be recognized as a replacement for any part of any curriculum by credited educational institutions.]
Through Academic Earth, you can take courses in all of the fields below:
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Art & Design
- Test Preparation
- Berklee College of Music
- Carnegie Mellon
- Case Western Reserve
- Dalarna University
- Dartmouth College
- George Washington University
- Gresham College
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- Lund University
- Mises Institute
- New School
- Notre Dame
- The City University of New York
- UC Berkeley
- UC Irvine
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of London
- University of New South Wales
- University of North Carolina
- University of Western Sydney
- Wesleyan University
- Art & Art History
- Classics & Classical World
- Political Science, International Relations, and Law
- Urban Studies
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering [Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical]
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Psychology & Cognitive Sciences
- Public Health
- BusinessEnjoy the over-abundance of free educational resources, and never stop exploring and expanding! And if anyone knows of any other great self-education resources, let me know!
Wow! This is actually really great, and most of these classes seem to have sets of videotaped lectures for the classes!
now that is something
Article By: Victoria Nelli